The Horse and Groom is the oldest pub in St. Leonards-on-Sea. It opened its doors in 1829, for the workers who were building the new town of St. Leonards. So great was the need for a pub, that the Horse and Groom was supplying workmen with beer before its windows had been glazed.
Jack Vanderwyk’s Front Page
Jack Vanderwyk has several websites and blogs. If you want to keep track of all his articles, you only need to bookmark this URL and subscribe to the blog to keep updated. Thanx!
Links to my other websites and blogsJack Vanderwyk's Front Page Significant Letters - Serious Stuff Chef Jack - News Straight From The Pub French and English Riviera - My Habitats Jack Vanderwyk's Garage Band LabradorNet - The Website (since 1996) LabradorNet - The Blog (new) Café Valhalla - Stories from the Red Light District Secular Democracy Now! (Uw Scheepskok Jaap) - For my friends at home Recepten van de Scheepskok My Facebook Bellevue Holiday Rentals Jack's Art Page My books on Goodreads Valerian Obolensky
Jack Vanderwyk’s books
Top Posts & Pages
- Villa Nellcôte, Villefranche - Birthplace of Exile in Main Street
- Bodiam Castle
- The History of St. Leonards-on-Sea
- St. Leonards-on-Sea -- Warrior Square Station
- My Guided Tour - A History of Nice
- Drinking Water in Nice - Better Than Bottled Water!
- Old photos of St. Leonards-on-Sea
- Gensing Gardens, St. Leonards-on-Sea
- Nice - Gambetta (2008)
- Beaulieu and the Greek Villa Kerylos